Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor
Donavan’s Wellness Solutions:
DWS is one of Napa Valley's premier fitness companies that provides fitness & wellness coaching, nutrition support, residential & commercial gym design, as well as consulting with award winning hotel brands.
We have teamed up with Calistoga’s top instructors to provide residents and visitors with high quality fitness classes such as yoga, spin, kettlebell, boot camp, and TRX to name a few. Our newly remodeled gym features new state-of-the-art equipment including: an array of cardio equipment, free weights and kettlebells as well as selectorize machines. The Calistoga Fit Pilates studio was designed to offer private pilates, TRX and yoga. The studio features the latest in pilates equipment included a pilates reformer, spring board, spine barrel and pilates ring.
In partnership with two of Napa Valley’s most prestigious resorts, Auberge du Soleil and Calistoga Ranch, we provide residents and visitors with results-driven private training and high quality fitness classes such as yoga, fitness fusion and pilates.
You will be responsible for teaching group fitness classes/ activities, maintaining a neat fitness floor, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating members. As a Fitness Trainer you will also provide personal training, member orientations, create exercise programs for clients, answer fitness and wellness related questions with patrons, and sells personal training packages to guest and members.
- Provide personal training services to members, residents and hotel guests.
- Conduct new member gym orientations
- Provide exceptional and safe fitness classes to guest and members
- Follow-up with CEO or Director of Operations on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by members, residents, resort and day guests.
- Keep gym, motions studio and Pilates studio neat and clean at all times.
- Maintain equipment and report any repairs needed to Director of Operations.
- Cultivate and maintain a professional attitude and image at all times, demonstrating appropriate speech and behavior, and excellent communication skills
- Arrive 15 minutes before class or sessions starts unless session requires earlier arrival. Return punctually from breaks and meal periods.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum one (1) recognized professional certification from the discipline you plan to teach.
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, understanding of the relationship between the structure and function of the human body, understanding of the theory, contraindications and benefits of exercise and nutrition.
- Experience and ability to be intuitive and knowledgeable, responding to the specific needs of each guest and member.
- Ability to read, write and speak conversationally in English using correct pronunciation and grammar.
- Ability to learn, remember and perform all personal training services and fitness classes.
- Complimentary Access to classes and DWS gyms
- Marketed through DWS and the properties
- Cross promotion from CEO into other opportunities (i.e. Esperanza)
- Very Competitive and top tier